Home Page

Valley Primary School

‘Growing and learning together to be the best we can be’

How do I complain if I am not happy with what is happening for my child?

The first point of contact should always be the class teacher, the school SENCO is also available to discuss concerns with, as is the Head teacher or Deputy Head Teacher.

Complaints procedures 

The school has a Complaints policy that can be accessed via the school’s website. If parents would like to make a formal complaint they should follow procedures set out within this Policy.

SEND Tribunal If parents are not in agreement with a decision made by the Local Authority regarding a Statement or EHC Plan, they can access mediation services or apply to SEND Tribunal to contest the decision and resolve the disagreement. SENDIASS are a useful organisation to contact in this situation. Information regarding mediation services and the SEND Tribunal will be provided to parents by the Local Authority on application for a statutory assessment.